Popular Posts

Leaving on a jet plane


I get bored easily and have always loved change and moving around, but that rarely comes without the pain of leaving things and people behind. My love of moving around was one of the reasons I wanted to get out of Finland in 2011 and chose to apply to universities abroad. I spent two insanely good years in England before placement year came around and I ended up in Lapland. My internship lasted 10 months and before it started I thought that would be enough of Lapland and Finland for a while again.

10 months turned into 15 and I would still stay if it was possible. I love this place, my life and who I've become here. I've changed a lot and for the better at least in my own opinion. I don't want to leave but I don't have a choice, I can't give up on uni when I have just one year left. Besides, I am also excited to see my friends in England after such a long time. 

Leaving has always been just as hard for me as it has been exciting to go to a new place. I wouldn't be able to count the number of times I've cried because I've had to leave behind people and places I love.

Before I came to Levi, I didn't have any plans for my future after graduation, the only thing I knew was that I wasn't going to come back to Finland. Now all I want is to graduate as fast as possible so I can come back here. I've learnt to not make any concrete plans too far ahead because my mind can change in an instant, but if too much doesn't change in the next 8 or so months, I'll want to come back to Lapland.

I have two more days before I go home to spend a few days with my family and pack all my things, and go back to England on the 23rd.



You may also like:

1 comment

© chasing after something. Design by MangoBlogs.