Popular Posts

Starting over

Lahti, Finland


Where should I start? I've been gone for over a year and a lot has changed. I've been meaning to get back into this for a long, long time, but somehow I kept putting it off. Now I'm finally back though, and more determined than ever to post regularly. Anyway, a little catch up is in order.


I stopped blogging last spring mainly because I was spending every waking minute in the library, desperately reading through the last journals, analysing my data and writing my dissertation. Months of procrastination got the better of me again, so the last month before the deadline was crazy busy. I managed to finish, though, and even got through my last few assignments and exams in May and June. As of November (don't even ask why the ceremony was in November instead of the summer) I've officially been a graduate with an actual degree. Kind of hard to believe I actually managed that considering how little of my time at university I actually spent studying.



When I was done with my last exams in June, I spent a few weeks enjoying freedom and spending time with my uni friends before heading back home to Finland. I had secured a job in Helsinki starting at the end of June and I was actually really excited to come back home to spend time with my family and friends here.

The job was meant to be a relatively temporary one while I looked for something else, yet here I am, 10 months later, at the same job. Don't get me wrong, it's a good job and I work with some absolutely amazing people, but I'm not exactly loving life. Which is why I have every intention of making some changes in my life that I hope to document here on the blog, too.

Right now, my life revolves around work, trying to keep up a workout routine, and attempting to figure out who and what I want to be. Since I graduated, I've been a little lost as to what to do next. I'm still figuring it out, chasing after that something.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© chasing after something. Design by MangoBlogs.